Shailesh Haribhakti is a Chartered and Cost Accountant, and a Certified Internal Auditor, Financial Planner & Fraud Examiner. During a career span of four decades, he has successfully established and led many innovative services. His current passion involves Outsourcing of Knowledge Processes, Engaged Investing, and Efficiency & effectiveness enhancement in Social, Commercial and Governmental organisations. He strongly believes in ‘shared value’ creation, good public and corporate governance and promoting a green environment. He actively promotes these causes, and contributes towards their evolution by participating in the process of framing regulations and standards.
Mr. Haribhakti lends his expertise to several professional and regulatory bodies, and has played a leadership role across several of these bodies:
CURRENTLY HE ENGAGES WITH:-
- National Stock Exchange of India as Member, Futures and Options Committee.
- Indian Merchants Chamber (IMC) as Member, Managing Committee and as Chairman, Energy & Environment Committee.
- Confederation of Indian Industry (CII): Member, Corporate Governance Committee
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASSOCHAM) as Member, Managing Committee.
Trustee of NPS Trust – constituted by The Pension Fund Regulatory & Development Authority (PFRDA).
Financial Planning and Standards Board (FPSB) as Chairman of Advisory Council and Nomination Committee.
IN THE PAST HE ENGAGED WITH:-
IMC as President
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as Member, Committee on Disclosures and Accounting Standards and Member of Takeover Panel
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry (ASSOCHAM) as Member and Chairman, Corporate Governance Committee.
- International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) as Member, Standards Advisory Council.
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) as President, Bombay Chapter.
- Bombay Management Association (BMA) as President.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) as Chairman, Western India Regional Council.
- Financial Planning and Standards Board (FPSB – India) as Chairman.
Mr. Haribhakti is an active speaker at several seminars, conferences and training programs and has been associated with IIM-Ahmedabad as visiting faculty from 1981 to 1983. He frequently contributes his views on request to television channels, leading newspapers and business magazines. He is a Director on the board of public and private companies and holds chairmanship / membership in the regulatory committees of some companies.